Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What a Weekend...

My weekend started out terrible, went to great, and then to scary and then back to normal.

Whew.

Talk about a roller-coaster ride of emotions.

Friday night, I talked to Mr. Douchebag, and I was pissed as I expressed over dinner to my med school friends and to my close friends via email. I was in a bad mood when I got home Friday night and to compensate for it so my parents wouldn't figure things out, I think I was a little over-exuberant. Its all good. My mom could still tell that something was bothering me and Saturday morning was like what's going on with you? So I told her a very shortened version of almost everything that happened with douchebag/asshole. All she said was, I'm glad you're a sensible girl and you didn't get sucked into him... Ummm, I kinda did get sucked in. That's partly why I was so mad. I did want to tell his gf about what he did since he started everything while they were still together and that's CHEATING, but that'll just turn me into the bad person in all of this. So whatever. I feel sorry for her.

Saturday had to have been one of the best days I've had after a long time... First, I got some great news from someone, and I'm so excited for them. I'm genuinely happy for that person. Then I finally got to meet my best friend's hubby haha. I think I grinned more than I talked to him and he might have thought that I was a demented idiot. But whatevsssss. Then Naz, I'm glad you're doing well. It was awesome seeing [almost] everyone again and I had so much fun. I need those types of nights to make me feel normal again. I went to bed very cheerful.

Sunday morning I woke up to the sound of the brother retching and vomiting in his room. I didn't think much of it and thought, oh he's probably nauseous from something... He'll be fine. Umm... I'm a bad sister... Anyways, I woke up for real at around 8:30am when my mom came in and told me to see what's wrong with him. I sent my dad to Walgreens to get Pedialyte, and I laid down next to the brother in my parents' room. He had just thrown up again for th 6th or 7th time. I was not fully awake and could not comprehend what was going on... :(

Like I said, I'm a bad sister. Then when he drank two small sips of pedialyte, he immediately threw up again, and this time I was like ohhh shit, he can't get rehydrated. That's when I woke up, and started asking him questions about food he ate Saturday night, about any pains in his stomach, etc. I still didn't know what could possibly have been wrong with him. But after like the 10th or 11th vomit, he started vomiting bile. There is no way that you can mistake bile for anything else because it was GREEN. That's when I was like OH SHIT, CALL HIS PEDIATRICIAN. So we called, and they said to take him to the ER. When we made him stand up to get into the car, he threw up two more times. He also hadn't peed since the night before, so I was starting to worry about dehydration. Then at the ER, the doctor came in and saw the brother and said that a lot of kids have been coming in with these same symptoms and that it was probably a virus. So he gave him a Zofran pill (anti-nausea and vomiting), and 20 minutes later, he said, "I'm hungry." Omg, I was so relieved. I was so scared that he might have needed surgery for a small bowel obstruction (SBO). That can present with bilious vomiting because the bile has no where to go but back up. They gave him gatorade and kept him for about 1.5-2 hours to make sure he could keep the gatorade down. Then they discharged us after they saw he was doing a lot better, and we went home. He was still weak when I left, but doing a lot better. I couldn't call today because I got home late from Step 1 mentoring, but I will call tomorrow fo sho.

This weekend gave me perspective and made me realize my priorities. Its not that I had forgotten them, but it was just a wake up call. My family, my friends, and my career. The three most important things in my life right now. I won't let this thing with Mr. Douchebag bring me down. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I have a lot of goals and dreams that I'm working towards. The first step in all of that is kicking ass on my USMLE Step 1 exam. I know I'm very forgiving for a lot of things other people normally wouldn't be (take Mr. Douchebag in the beginning for example), and I know I'm not selfish when it comes to a lot of things. However, I have absolutely no forgiveness in my heart for cheaters/liars/people who use other people, and I'm selfish in the fact that I want my guy to be in love with me and only me and not have any confusion in his mind whether or not we should be together. That is a person's inherent right. I will wait until I find that guy or until he finds me, but until then, I'm going to kick step 1 ass!

Until the next one then.

3 comments:

Nazia said...

you will kick ass!!!!! wooooooo

fana said...

i wish i had been there to see you grin like a crazy person, I would have been grinning like a crazy person too.......hehe, love ya!

Saadia said...

but nadia you are a demented person...=P but that's why I lubs you!

But yea poor Babu. Throwing up bile is bad. Throwing up bile in the car on 71 so hard it causes you to have an huge asthma attack so that the paramedics have to come to give you oxygen is worse. Throwing up bile after throwing up like 7 times is the worst. Anyways...I hope he is feeling better.

Hmm...sometimes you need to have crappy things happen to show you the good things in your life. Know that I always gots your back.