Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sleep, Why must you keep leaving me?

AKFJGHDFKGHDFKHG

Okay so fasting has been tough, but I'm getting used to it. I'm completely worn out by 6:30pm. However, everything would be fine if i could just focus after breaking my fast. I'm good for like an hour, but then around 9:30-10, I get hit with this massive sleepy wave... and I try to fight it long enough so I can go to sleep at 11. But, when 11 rolls around, I'm wide awake. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!?! Not to mention that I go to bed at around 11 but fall asleep around 2 and wake up around 8 everyday. I WANT TO SLEEP.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Not to mention that I had my OSCE today on heart and lung sounds. I thought I did pretty well, but I ended up barely passing. WTF?

Three more exams to go:
POM Exam
CVP Final
CVP Lab Final

I see the first years around and they're uber excited to be there, and it makes me want to be a first year again. Optimistic and hopeful and excited for the year to begin. The second years are the ones who are trudging around with giant books and backpacks that their backs can barely support, living at the library/student center/coffee shops, stressed out, bitter, and wondering why they even chose medicine. That includes me. *sigh* That's a lie. I love medicine. But, they make you go through hell and back. I don't ever think I've ever been this busy or felt this stupid in my LIFE.

I can't WAIT until my week off. I DESPERATELY NEED IT. I was going to do some pharm reviewing, but SCREW IT, I need my sanity. I don't think I will be touching my Step books.

Until the next one then.

--//-- Edit --//--

Soooo I've been doing some thinking since last night... I understand that other people have it rougher than me, and its stupid of me to complain about my life, when its really not that bad, but sometimes I'm stressed out and that's when I turn to write here. K, that's all.

1 comment:

the photographer said...

I know what you mean about the sleepiness, I can't concentrate after iftaar, too much energy going into digestion!