Saturday, October 03, 2009

GI Midterm in Two Days

And I'm completely exhausted. I'm not good at this staying up late at night and studying business anymore. Its almost 2 am and I'm soooooooo sleepy. The good thing is that I've gone through ALL 23 lectures so far, BUT I still have pathology images and PBL cases and lab cases to review, not to mention that I still need to review how everything gets secreted and what stimulates what O_o There are more hormones in the GI system than in the endocrine system... or at least it feels that way haha.

Anyways, I should be okay, time-wise I think. My goal was to get through all the lectures I had left today and review 2 PBL cases. I did the lecture, and now I'm going to review the PBL cases.... I'm just waiting for the facilitator notes to print. I don't know why its taking so long........ Anyways, I think I have enough energy to stay awake enough to at least review the first one, the one I didn't understand as we were discussing it in class haha. The second one was a really easy one, and the notes seem really long with a lot of research citatations thrown in (annoying!!) sooo I think I'm going to skim it in the morning or maybe skip it.
Bleh. The material for this class isn't so bad. Its pretty simple and straight forward, but I think because its straight forward, they're expecting us to know a LOT of detail.

My exam is on Monday, and they're giving us Tuesday off. I am so going to go shopping!! My special-occasion-gift-money is begging to be spent haha. I want tall, flat suede boots. But I can't bc the only way I could wear them would be with skinny jeans.... And they don't make any for people with my body type. Its quite annoying :(

Umm what else? I'm just here writing nonsense haha. Just waiting for the case to finish printing...
Ohh yea. I'm over my crush on that first year. It was a really stupid and really brief crush.
Ohh and I was talking to my friends, and we're guessing about 60-75% of our class is married, engaged, or engaged to be engaged (aka serious relationships). Everyone really is engaged or married in med school. I had friends that used to say that but now I realize omg they are so right haha.

Not much else going on in my life. Same old thing. Nothing too interesting. Life of a mundane medical student I guess. I wish there was some excitement going on. Sadly, Naz, you are my only source of excitement when you give me daily updates on the situation haha. How pathatic is that lol?? My own life is so boring and predictable that I have to rely on you for my source of excitement hahahaha... Its kind of really sad, but I'm cracking up. I think its the sleep deprivation.

On another note, I tried on 3 pairs of jeans -- one purposefully ripped pair, one really dark wash from express, and my only pair of "skinny" jeans that are actually straight -- they were all previously too tight bc I gained too much weight in a short amount of time... Now they all fit me comfortably enough again!!! Well, the straight ones and the ripped ones do but the express ones have the gap in the back... I'll figure something out for those... But 2 out of 3 isn't bad!! :D

Until the next one then.

1 comment:

Saadia said...

yea for shopping! me and naz just went i a bought a pair of really really nice jeans and three scarves

you'll do wonderful on your midterms...if i haven't told you before you're really smart (i'm only friends with smart people)