Saturday, October 11, 2008

Not going to be Homeless!

I'm not homeless anymore! Wahoo! It seems like after so much trouble and frustration, everything became easier all of a sudden. Now, there are 4 possible places that I can live at until January at least. The apts are all third years' apartments and since they're all going to be gone until January-ish, they said I can stay. This is great because I think it'll be easier to find another place by the time December rolls around. There are just not enough places as of right now in medschoolville. There is this one girl who has a 2-2 condo and she lives by herself. Ideally, I think she would be the best person to live with if I can convince her to let me stay after she comes back for another month or two until my condo is ready. I dunno though. I'll ask her whenever she calls again. Who knows, the school might not even be ready to take on students again until much later. At this point, I'm just going with the flow. I'm just happy I have a few options right now. The best part is that all of their places are "furnished" because none of them left with all their furniture. So, I don't have to worry about any of that stuff at all :) Things are finally looking up.

Hopefully, my condo will be done by March... and, um, I might need some help moving back in since I don't have spring break, and I'm definitely going to need help. So how about it, everyone? I will remind yall later, don't worry.

I've turned into an insomniac... AGAIN. This is so terrible. I was totally fine when school was going on, but now that I've had a MONTH (yes, it has officially been one month since the hurricane) at home, I have completely lost the ability to focus and to study. I've been reading stupid books, but I'm done with that one shameful series. It was better than I expected as a storyline, but the author's writing style is terribe and the characters were way too flat and one-dimensional and the ending was SUCH a disappointment. I was expecting so much more out of the last book.

One bad thing that happened because of all of this hurricane business: the nicest building on campus got damaged. You guys don't know what it is... Well, its the oldest building on campus and it was part of the original med school campus wayy back when. I mean, its literally an old, red (beautiful) building. Anyways, I mention it because that's where our anatomy lab is located on the third floor. Apparently, this building had such significant damage that they're going to be shutting down the building until they deem it fit for use again. THIS MEANS NO MORE ANATOMY LAB DISSECTIONS!!!! I dunno whether to be happy or sad... I think I'm more sad that I won't be getting the "normal" medical school education cirriculum and that I'm hoping that we're not at a disadvantage later on because our anatomy class was interrupted. Ugh. We'll just see what happens. Here's a pic:



Pretty right? I'm going to be sad not going in there everyday for lab/lecture/WAC. Hm, you guys don't know what WAC is either... lol... Its literally a gameshow thing we have every Friday to review all the material we've covered that week. I LOVE FRIDAYS and WAC IS SO MUCH FUN!!! But I don't know where we're going to do all that now. I just have to trust the administration and the course directors that know what they're doing.

If you can't tell, I love my med school, and I miss it, but I'm scared to go back since I've slacked off so severely....

Until the next one then.

1 comment:

the photographer said...

That building looks so pretty. Nadia I'm glad you love your school, it's a good feeling to have. Yeh on the apartment. and I'm glad you liked the poem I posted, it's so simple and straightforward :)