Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Overwhelmed...

I have way too much to do and way too much to learn. I don't know how I'm going to do it all.

I hate having "how to be a doctor: class on tuesdays bc just when I think I can catch up on Monday's stuff, I can't because I have that class until 4, and then its already Wednesday. I think I'm going to have to start going to lecture again. I'm behind by 3 lectures, and they're all anatomy ones so they're going to take forever to get through.

Neuro is BAD. I knew it would be hard, but I didn't think it would be this bad :(
I think I'm just freaking out also because I have stuff due in my "how to be a doctor" class too... a useless paper and a case write up... Ugh, I am so late on that case write up. I hope they aren't too mean to me. I will do it tomorrow. It shouldn't take too much time so I guess I'll write it up during my lunch break. I need to start working on that paper though...

I think I'm freaking out because I don't know what I need to work on first. I just need to write out exactly what needs to be done, and STICK TO IT.

Tuesday:
  • Morning before lab: review brainstem and cranial nerves anatomy for lab
  • ALSO IN THE MORNING: call contractor, eye doctor, & fp office for preceptorship finalization
  • Lab at 10am
  • Lunch: Case write up & submission; if there's time left over, review instructions for paper
  • How to be a doctor class at 1 -- special presentation on dementia in LHN
  • Prob be done around 3 or 4? --> home
  • PBL Learning Issue - Phantom limb - what causes it and why; post onto PBL google group
  • Go over remaining learning issues to prepare for PBL quiz next day
  • Reading assignments for PBL (nolte and kandel and articles only)
Wednesday:
  • GO TO CLASS (2 lectures, 2 hours of PBL)
  • Lunch/Start prewrite for paper
  • Thalamus lecture + scribes + reading
  • Somatosensory lecture 1 + scribes + reading
  • Somatosensory lecture 2 + scribes + reading
  • Start writing paper
Thursday:
  • Lab at 8am
  • FINISH WRITING PAPER
  • PBL Learning issues (if any)
  • If finish, then go over neural anatomy lectures since the beginning
  • Reflexes lecture if time
Friday:
  • Lecture, PBL, Lecture, PBL Wrapup
  • Reflex lecture
  • Somatosensory lectures
  • Review friday lectures
  • SUBMIT PAPER BEFORE 5pm
  • Review PBL Case 1 and Case 2 learning issues
Whew. What a busy week. I feel better now that I wrote out a schedule. I usually overestimate how much I'll be able to do so I will probably be a little behind... Oh well. The most important things to finish this week is the write up, paper, and PBL stuff. Keeping up with lecture is just something I have to do on the side no matter what.
Gosh, I'm so sleepy right now, but I need to go over the anatomy junk at least once before I go to sleep. The good thing is that I've done the cranial nerves once already, and hopefully, they won't be too bad this time around... even though I barely remember them... :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Pre-meds,
Please rethink going to med school. I say this for fear of you losing your sanity like me. I'm verrryyyy close to snapping. I also say this because no matter how bad you imagine it, the real thing is a lot worse just because of the sheer volume of information you're expected to retain.
Love
Nads, MSI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, there were two cockroaches cavorting around my kitchen counter today... *shudder*... They both slipped underneath the crack between the counter and the cabinets. I waited with my can of roach spray until I saw them again, and one of them began poking its antennae out and i zapped it with the spray. It fell to the ground flailing and I drowned that mofo in roach spray. Its accomplice is still at large. I know I'm going to end up walking on it hanging out on my counter tomorrow morning. UGHHH.
I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL I AM OUT OF HERE. I WANT TO MOVE BACK INTO MY OWN PLACE. MY OWN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN PLACE. AGHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
I HATE COCKROACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a used book sale today on campus. I got 5 books that I will be needing in the future for $65 total. Hell yes... Except... They're used and highlighted in :/ Buuuut, I had to sacrifice somewhere... either brand new costing a lot of money or dirtcheap and being a bit highlighted. *shrugs* I'm po' and I decided to test my OCD.

Until the next one then.

No comments: