... Got infected somehow. I ended up with paronychia..... basically a giant abscess on the lateral aspect of my fingernail that extended almost all the way around my finger causing swelling and intense pain. I couldn't write pages and pages of notes bc its on my left index finger, and typing feels wierd with two fingers (i don't really use my pinky when I type except for hitting the shift key).
I had to go to derm today and get a I&D done. That thing needed to be drained. The derm chief resident took a look at it and was like, "oh yea, that needs to be drained. Yesss I get to do a I&D today." I just sat there thinking Uhhh.. My finger hurts. Please just fix it. Anyways, she did it... Injected lidocaine to numb the area first -- that was weird... intense pressure but no real pain. Then she made a tiny incision and squeezed out all the pus and blood in my finger. Soooooo the lidocaine wore off pretty quickly, and so my finger HURTS SO BAD. :( Still can't type properly, and definitely can't write more than a couple of words in bad handwriting.
Second year SUCKS.
Until the next one then.
No comments:
Post a Comment