Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Male or Female?

So going along with the post two days ago, here is a chest xray (from a google search) a lot worse than what I found... Seriously, this person's xray is making me cringe. I see at least 5 fractures on the left side of the picture (which is the right side of the patient), and all that cloudiness is probably fluid (blood) or contused lung parenchyma from a severe blunt trauma to the right side of the chest. No bueno.


Here's a normal chest xray of someone that I found on google images.


Now here's a question for you that my radiology professors asked us from my first year of medical school in anatomy class...

What sex is the patient in the second xray? And how can you tell?

Its actually really prominent and obvious in this picture, but I'll wait for someone to guess! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COUNTDOWN TO GRADUATION: 3 DAYS!!

3 comments:

fana said...

a woman, i'm just guessing.

Nazia said...

female

Nads said...

yeah its a female... there are breast shadows on the xray :)

fat is slightly radioopaque and shows up on xrays. bones are almost fully radioopaque, and metal objects are 100% radioopaque and look white!